Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rainy Day Celebration

I walked into the kitchen this morning, just about 20 minutes ago, to make myself some tea and cereal. I'm quite the chef, I know. As I started to get the hot water heater ready, my mamá came in and said, "What are you doing?" and I told her, "Making tea and cereal!" and she said, "No, you stop that. It's a rainy day, so we're celebrating and I'm making hot cocoa and muffins!"... There is no way I'm ever going to complain about that. These are the things I love about Chileans.  It's raining, so mamá skipped work today, Esme skipped school, and we're celebrating with hot cocoa and muffins. I could get used to this. But unfortunately, I still have to go to school later today :( Así es la vida. So now, I'm sitting in bed doing a little homework, watching the rain fall outside my window, enjoying a nice homemade cup of cocoa and my chocolate chip muffin. Just one more thing that I know I'll look back on and remember why I love my host family and Chile so much :)
This is not my picture, but is what my surprise breakfast looked like this morning (minus the marshmallows, I don't know if Chileans know what those are)
To top off the already wonderful morning (I mean really, there's nothing that makes me happier than hot cocoa on a rainy day), my host mom and Esme came into my room just a bit ago with a present! It has officially been one month since I've been living with them, and so they got me a gift!!! I really can't believe how lucky I am.  They got me a shiny perfume spray that smells amazing, as well as mascara! BAH! I really could just go on and on about how wonderful they are, but I don't want to bore, so for my parents and anyone else who could be concerned- you really have absolutely nothing to worry about with my host family, they are seriously the best I could have ever asked for. Yo amo mi vida chilena :)

No comments:

Post a Comment