Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy One Month!

Well, it's officially been one month since I've arrived in Chile! Yahoo! To celebrate I bought myself some peanut butter at the Jumbo grocery store in Valpo, quite the treat :)


Also, in the strange way that the world works, I got a little reminder of home this morning when I saw someone from Steamboat! I was taking the metro to get coffee with a friend in Valpo, and all of the sudden saw a girl who I thought I recognized... I stopped her and said, "Are you from Steamboat!?" and she gave me that weird look of, "Holy crap, yes I am, this is bizarre..." and then we had a little small world Steamboat moment.  She was two years older than me in high school, and is finishing up her college here in Chile! Guess it was just a little reminder from the big guy up in the sky that no matter how far away, home is always close to the heart :) Hope everyone is having a great day wherever you are in the world!

2 comments:

  1. The little things in life can be so good. Enjoy your PB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter oh the little things that we take for granted. We consume mass amounts of peanut butter at the Adams house. Eat one bite for every member in our family. That might be enough that you should just splurge and slap all that yummy ness between two slices of bread and add some sort of fruit, then enjoy a real meal peanut butter - jelly sandwich, peanut butter - jelly sandwich, peanut butter - jelly sandwhich, (you know like the little youtube video song).
    Shout out from the Adams
    Jayme says it is good to see your smile!

    ReplyDelete