Sunday, July 15, 2012

Frijoles and too many shoes...

T-2 days until I'm flying the friendly skies from Denver to Atlanta, and Atlanta to Santiago. I can't believe it's almost here! I'm making this blog in hopes that it will provide great memories in the future, as well as providing a way to show pictures and tell stories to friends and family while I'm gone.  Thinking about leaving right now, more than anything I'm just excited to get there and finally experience all that Chile has to offer.  Don't get me wrong, I am nervous about some things. Things like having to eat frijoles... not being able to communicate to my host family that I don't like frijoles, a huge staple food in their culture... or making sure that I don't pack too many pairs of shoes...  But I'm most excited to gain the fluency in Spanish that I've always wanted and to push myself outside of limits I never even thought existed before this experience. Follow me as I stumble my way through this crazy trip of a lifetime these next five months; I'll try to keep the posts coming and semi entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment