Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sunrise Over The Andes...

Finally in Chile! Ah! Never thought this day would actually come. It feels so surreal to actually be here. After a grueling 10 hour flight from Atlanta to Santiago, I woke up about an hour before we were supposed to land to one of the most AMAZING scenes I could have ever imagined.  I'm telling you, the sunrise over the Andes Mountains is something everyone should see at least once in their life.  I tried taking pictures, and while they look okay, they do zero justice to what this actually looked like.  The mountains here are so different from Colorado.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some Colorado mountains, but these were just so... different! They kind of look like toasted meringue frosting.  Well, I'll let you judge for yourself. See picture below.  


Once we arrived to the Santiago airport, customs was ridiculous... but once through that, the ISA staff immediately found us and were so helpful. From there we have spent the day touring Santiago and getting to know the rest of the group, it's been such a blast! I registered for classes today... Rather than having your schedule set in stone like it is in the US, they allow you to sign up for as many classes as you want to here. From there, you go to all of the classes and decide which professors you like the best! So as of now, I am signed up for 7 classes, will end up taking 4, and more than likely will only have classes Monday through Wednesday. Not too shabby of a deal if you ask me! Anyway, since it's only day 1, I'm sure there will be much more to come, but there is a short update as of now! ¡Adios!






1 comment:

  1. Really enjoy your blogs. They are interesting and well written, with Pictures that add so much. Enjoy Chile and use your time wisely for the short time you will be there. Love Ya. GP

    ReplyDelete